Wednesday, December 22, 2010

YAY Brock! No more "Fire-Fire"

YAY!!!! Brock is officially done with the pacifier!! Or "fire-fire" as Brock called it :-) On Monday, December 20, 2010 I put Brock down to bed. He handed me his pacifier and said, "Mamma, broken." I took it from him and sure enough he chewed through it. This has happened a few other times, but we had extras around. I took this as my opportunity to break him of this habit! I told him, "Aww man! Yup its broken.  Take your buddies and hold them tight so you can sleep!" He took all 4 of his buddies (Fraffe, Buddy, Bit, and Ah-Ah)... that would be his giraffe, his 2nd giraffe, his frog, and his monkey... He whined for the 2.5 seconds it took me to walk to the door and that was it!! He fell asleep with no fuss. He woke up at 1am and 6am crying for it though :-( I went in and explained to him again that his pacifier was broken and they were all gone. He accepted it and fell back asleep.  The next morning he woke up and was fine. We got in the car to go to my sister-in-law's house. On the way there he started whining for his pacifier. I told him it was broken and it was all gone. He was quiet for a little bit then goes, "fire-fire Dawn's house!!" Little shit! He remembered he had a pacifier at my sister-in-law's house! I was like, "um... nope! She doesn't have any either. They are all gone now." He accepted it and was fine! When I picked them up after work she told me that he went down for his nap without it!!

Yesterday I had to START our Christmas shopping (i know...). I was scared because I didn't have a pacifier for him in case he had a meltdown. Well guess what!? He was as calm as a cucumber! (Or is it as cool as a cucumber?) I got pretty much all of our shopping done (minus our kids, 1 niece, and our newest baby cousin (also my godson!))! Pretty awesome! Both kids were amazing!!! Thank you babies!!

Well, last night Brock went to bed without his pacifier again! Didn't even ask for it. He did ask for it this morning though. He was crying hysterically. I went into his room and he was like, "Broken! Mamma, fire-fire go?" I explained it all over and then he started crying and said, "Mamma, buuuuurrr." LOL. That's how he says booger! So I grabbed a tissue and made him blow. He blew and in his cute little morning voice goes, "I did it!" Why is he so cute!!

No comments: