My mother-in-law is treating myself and her two daughters to an awesome Girls Weekend in Vegas this Holiday weekend. We will be gone for 4 days/5 nights. This is by far the longest I will be away from my family. While I know I will miss the crap out of my husband and kids this weekend (considering I've been dreading 9/2 for a couple of weeks) there are a few things I am actually looking forward to:
- Sleeping in
- Sleeping through the night
- Eating 3 meals without interruption before they are stone cold
- No whining
- No cleaning
- Hanging out with the best sisters-in-law and mother-in-law any girl could ever wish for!
Some things I will miss:
- Seeing my babies in the morning with their cute bed-head and puffy eyes; same goes for my husband too :-)
- Good morning and good night kisses
- My kids' stories; although I will call every day, its just not the same :-(
- Tucking them in at night
My prayer for the weekend is that my husband maintains his patience; that my children behave; but most importantly, that my husband and kids get some kick-ass bonding time in while I am away :-) They deserve it!