Thursday, August 21, 2008

1st Time Parents: 32 week appointment

So I had my 32 week check up today. The doctor said that my belly was measuring a little big today, but she mentioned that the baby was all over the place because she felt his legs up really high. She said I was measuring at 33 weeks, but she wasn't concerned because today I am technically 32 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I will be 33 weeks on Saturday.

My blood pressure was within normal limits, so thats good :-) I start seeing the Dr. every 2 weeks now! Yikes! That means we're getting closer to meeting baby Brock :-)

She also told me that if I go into labor for whatever reason at 34 weeks, they will not stop the labor. They will let me have the baby. So please pray that this little stinker stays in there until I'm at LEAST 37 weeks. That's when I'll be considered full term!

She wants me to take it easy for the next two weeks, but then when I hit 34 weeks she wants me to start walking again. I was walking 2 miles a day, but I was having a lot of contractions when I got home, so I stopped.

I also asked about this strange noise I've been hearing sometimes when the baby moves. Its like a popping or cracking noise, like when you crack your knuckles.

My Dr. said that she's never heard anything like that before. No one has ever mentioned it to her. She told me not to worry about it. Her ideas of what it could be were:

- a hip click in the baby (which she said isn't audible on the outside)
- a joint cracking (like when we crack our knuckles)

She said she was going to talk to her partners about it and see if they might know, so I'll follow-up at my next appt. in 2 weeks.

She did tell me to make sure I tell the pediatrician about it after I have the baby, because after you deliver they run a Range of Motion test where they usually identify hip dysplasia - which she did say was more common in baby girls.

So that's that for now!

1 comment:

KataFara said...

I know all to well, that no matter what anyone says, your gonna worry. But you and your baby are gonna be just fine. You're gonna rock that belly, while you bake that baby until 40 weeks. How exciting that your so close you get to go every 2 weeks. You are almost there! How exciting!