Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just checking in...

Hey all -

Sorry I haven't posted in a few weeks. I haven't been feeling well, and any free time that I get I'm either sleeping or spending time with Brock.

I can't remember if I posted Brock's stats from his 9 months appt or not, but here ya go:

Height: 29 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 19lbs... (25th percentile) - the doctor didn't think I was feeding him! But boy is she wrong! Brock LOVES food!! He just can't stay still ever since he figured out how to crawl and pull himself up onto things. So cute.

Anyway, like I mentioned above, I haven't been feeling well. For the last 3 weeks or so, I have been extremely short of breath. I notice it most when I am talking, reading Brock a bedtime story, or even just picking him up. It's emotionally hard on me because I feel like its taking away from my enjoyment of my son at the moment. I struggle just singing songs to him. Its so frustrating.

Well due to a pre-existing heart condition that I have, I contacted my Cardiologist to let him know how I have been feeling. I told him that I was pretty sure it was just my asthma getting worse and it was likely due to the pregnancy... well he thought different and had me in the following day for an echo of my heart. This was done last Friday. I still haven't heard from him, so I'm just assuming everything is fine... I hope!

On Tuesday this week, I went to see the Pulmonary physician that had treated me for my mild asthma like 3 or 4 years ago. He told me that it was very likely that my asthma could be getting worse because of the pregnancy. He prescribed me a new inhaler and scheduled me for a pulmonary function test, which is next Wednesday.

Next Tuesday I have my 12 week check up at the OB's office to check on baby #2. We'll get an ultrasound to make sure things are developing appropriately and then the regular check up.

No comments: