Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's in a dream?

Often times I have some pretty bizarre dreams. A lot of the time these dreams are reoccurring. Not until tonight, did I decide to look at a dream dictionary online. When it comes to interpreting your dreams, I've always followed the school of thought that it is the EMOTION you feel in a dream that is relevant to what you are feeling in your everyday life. I don't find or look for meaning in the actual events or people in my dreams, rather I look at how I felt during my dream with respect to a given person or event.

So 2 days ago I had a dream that a big fuzzy centipede crossed my path... fast forward to 6:30am this morning and as I was walking from the kitchen to the living room I somehow spotted a baby/pre-teen centipede cross my path! Yuck.

Here is what the dream dictionary said:


Centipedes

To see a centipede in your dream implies that you don’t have faith in your ability to attain your objectives. You are not allowing yourself to be successful. You must learn to be more positive and optimistic.


This cannot be more true for me right now. I'm 2 weeks into my new job and I'm having some anxiety about my abilities... I've always felt like I could never be good enough, even when I have people tell me that I'm a great Counselor, I don't believe them. I don't know why I'm like this. Its annoying. Really... I just wish I could believe in myself sometimes. I hope I don't pass this trait onto my children. I want them to be confident in themselves.

EDIT: After posting this I reflected a little more and thought maybe I should put a little blurb up here about how this is also true in my everyday role of being a mom. I know many people feel like they are inadequate parents. A lot of the time I feel like I have no idea what I am doing... this is even more true now that Brock is throwing some serious tantrums. Sometimes I just sit and stare at him thinking, "OMG... what do I do!!??!" I hate feeling like that. I hate questioning myself about my parenting... Ugh!

So... What have you dreamt about lately? What does the dream dictionary say about your dream??

No comments: