Friday, September 5, 2008

1st Time Parents: 34/35 week appt.


So I had another Dr. appointment today. I wasn't sure whether to call it my 34 or 35 week appointment because today I am 34 weeks and 6 days... Making tomorrow 35 weeks. So whatever!

Anyway, there have been MANY comments from family and friends that my belly is too big for one baby. Could there possibly be two in there? Well I asked the Dr. today and she said that there is only ONE baby in there! There's only one heartbeat :-)

I go to an office that has more than one OB and all pregnant patients are required to meet with all of them, since we won't know who will be on call when we go into labor. The Dr. I had today was kind of a biotch. I wasn't happy with her attitude! So I hope she's not the one delivering Brock, because she'll probably get on my nerves!

I asked her lots of questions and she just seemed annoyed with me. But I did find out that they only let women go one-week past their due date and then they induce. So that's cool. She also told me not to worry about providing them with a birth plan because labor and delivery are so unpredictable. She said that I could write my wishes down and let people know as they came in, but she said it wasn't really necessary.

I'm not too picky, I just want to be able to walk around and get into different laboring positions. Having an epidural would prevent me from that... because of my tachycardia and syncope, I'll have to have an epidural anyway, but hopefully I can get a "walking epidural" or maybe there are lower doses or other options I can choose from. I'll have to ask my regular OB next time I see her. I have one more Dr. to see and then I think I can choose to see whoever I want. The next Dr. I am going to see has answered some of my after-hours calls so it'll be nice to put a face to the name!

Anyway, the Dr. today said that the baby is doing great. She said my weight gain has been appropriate (LOL... I've gained A LOT)... They have a digital scale at the office, and when I stood up on the scale, my belly hit the bar in front of me! LOL! I was so embarrassed! It was pretty funny though.

So now I'll start seeing the Dr. weekly! Holy CRAP! I hope Brock doesn't come early. I'm not ready for his arrival yet! There's still LOTS to do around the house... oh my!

1 comment:

Party of Two said...

I laughed a little when you talked about your belly hitting the bar! As long as Brock has his mommy i am sure he will be happy, even if he is a little early!