Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1st Time Parents: 37 week appointment


I made it to FULL TERM!! YAY! That means that if Brock was born today, his chances of having to go to NICU would be pretty low :-) 

I had my 37 week appt. today and got all sorts of crazy news! I had a growth ultra sound today since I've been measuring inconsistently over the last few weeks. The ultra sound showed that Brock is doing great... and he is estimated to weigh 8lbs 4oz! I almost had a heart attack, so the technologist gave me a range of 7lbs 13oz - 8lbs 4oz... LOL! Her way of making me feel better :-) 8lbs already!! WHOA! Brock is gonna be a big boy!! 

I also had an internal exam to check if my cervix has made any changes since last week. Last week my cervix was "long and slightly open." Today my cervix was 1cm dilated, 50% effaced (which means that my cervix is softening and thinning), and the baby was at -3 station (If you look at the picture, we're at the top line of decent. So the baby's head is just starting to enter the pelvis). I was pretty excited with this news! I told the Dr. that I hope I continue to make progress and don't get stuck at 1cm! She said she didn't think that would happen. She felt that I might not even make it to my due date. So we'll see... My next appt is next Thursday :-) 

I also got us all set up with a pediatrician today, thanks to a recommendation from a family friend. Its nice to have that part all set!

Oh! And my breast feeding class for Saturday got cancelled today because I was the only one that signed up! I was crying because I was so mad. I tried calling a few lactation consultants but neither one of them could meet with me before I have the baby. So... I guess I just have to trust myself that I can do this and hope that the delivery nurses can help me make sure Brock latches on correctly when I have him. 

Well, thats all for now! Spike & I will do our best to keep you all posted of my progress! 

No comments: