Sunday, September 14, 2008

1st Time Parents: Hospital Tour

I was officially 36 weeks yesterday (9/13). I can't believe our little man will be here so soon! Only 4 more weeks until my due date - October 11th!

We had our hospital tour this morning. We LOVE the hospital! We'll have our own HUGE private room! Every patient gets their own nurse, and the nurses all have their own private number that we call when we need them instead of pushing the "nurse" button from your bed. They really encourage you to have the baby in the room with you 24/7, unless of course you need to get some rest. They also really encourage breast feeding, which is really awesome! They have a lactation consultant available Monday thru Saturday and the consultant makes rounds daily in case you have additional questions or are having difficulty with breast feeding. When we walked past the little nursery, I got so teary-eyed! I just pictured seeing Brock in there! Spike wouldn't stop teasing me after that! LOL! It was funny. They also have a professional photagrapher there to do the hospital pictures, except instead of having the pictures taken in your room with the baby swaddled in a blanket, they had a little studio set up and do an actual photo shoot! Sooo awesome!

Oh yeah, the rooms are cool because you get admitted to a room, and that room is where you labor, deliver, recover, and stay for postpartum care! So convenient! The rooms are also hooked up wirelessly, so we'll be able to blog while we're there!! So if I have a long labor, Spike & I will be able to keep people posted of our progress... and it'll help to keep Spike's sanity ;-)

They also had a really nice NICU section too. But hopefully we won't need to be on that side of the floor!

The next big thing on my list is to make it to September 27th! Thats the date of my breastfeeding class! Then Brock is welcome to come anytime after that! LOL!

Well that's all for now. I'll try to get a new picture & video up soon since its been 2 weeks since my last picture! Brock's movements are way more profound than the last video. Its pretty crazy!!

No comments: