Thursday, June 25, 2009

Divas Uncorked!!

This past weekend my youngest sister and I headed up to Traverse City, MI with our mom and one of my sisters friends. We had a whole weekend planned full of wine tasting tours on Old Mission Peninsula where 7 beautiful wineries participated in their 5th annual Divas Uncorked. I have a good friend of mine that lives in Traverse City, so we met up with her and she joined us on the winery tours. For this event, we paid $25 and got free wine tasting at 7 wineries, a souvenir wine glass, wine glass charms from each winery (which we kind of got crazy about near the end of the tour), and appetizers at each winery. We had a GREAT time! I planned this trip MONTHS ago! I couldn't wait to just get away for a weekend so I could sleep in! LOL! I think I was more excited about that than anything else! Despite getting Spike's news the night we left that he ended up in the hospital (read post below this one), I still managed to have some fun. Thankfully my sister-in-law was able to keep Brock over night since Spike didn't get home from the hospital until after 11pm. Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip!
The girls were exhausted from our 4 1/2 hour drive

One of my other sisters got me the CUTEST rain boots for my birthday. It was supposed to rain the WHOLE weekend we were in TC... so I had to bring my boots (by the way - it never rained, so I couldn't wear them).

Tina and Rebecca

Taking a picture of Tina taking a picture of me

Tina and I with mom

OMG! We were laughing so hard at my mom. She was too short to reach the trunk hatch on the rental car! Guess you had to be there, it really was hilarious!

Our favorite winery: Chateau Chantal

At our 1st stop: Penninsula Cellars

2nd stop: Chateau Grand Traverse:

3rd stop: Bry's Estate:

4th stop:Bowers Harbor Vineyards

5th stop: (our favorite) Chateau Chantal

6th stop:2 Lads

Our 7th and final stop: Black Star Farms:

We were so excited to get to the 7th winery to get our wine glass charm, that we headed straight to the bar asked for our charm and left! No one even sampled anything! We were so worried that they were going to be all out of charms! I think my mom actually got the last charm at Chateau Chantal! Can't wait to do it again next year!!!

No comments: