Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend recap!

WHOA! Talk about having a BUSY weekend :-) Saturday morning I got up bright and early to participate in the Race for the Cure walk downtown. After the walk we went to my in-laws to start canning Brock's babyfood! I'll have a whole separate post for that. We canned all Saturday night and all of Sunday!

But anyway, I walked as a team member for "Save the Boo-Beezz!!" The company Spike works for put the team together, and my sister-in-law and I were part of the team planning. It was a lot of fun to be involved with naming our team and helping to come up with ideas for our team t-shirts. This was our teams 1st year and we had some pretty cool accomplishments! First of all, our team won the Detroit Tiger's Wives Club "Rookie Team of the Year" award! We were the largest new team with 113 members! Because of that, we won a plaque and tickets to one Tiger's game! SA-WEET! Secondly, our team t-shirt was entered into the t-shirt competition and won 2nd place!! The 2nd place prize was $200 for New Balance for the team! How exciting! This year, the race had over 30,000 walkers. Its such a breath-taking experience. This is my 2nd year participating. It is so amazing to see so many survivors and supporters. Its hard not to have a dry eye the whole morning :-) Here are some pictures from the morning.


Part of our team (we were so big, the guy couldn't fit us all in!)

Our shirts! This is my sister-in-law and her kids

No comments: