Friday, August 5, 2011

Your 3 Words x's 2!

ON A MISSION


Truly inspired by Jenni from the Blog's recent weight loss victory, I am ready to get back to my goal weight. I'm being brutally honest and putting my current weight up here for everyone to see. I need a place to keep me accountable and I suppose this will suffice. I can't afford Medifast which seems to be the new hotness... so I'm going to go about this the old fashioned way and just watch what I eat and get some exercise in. I did it once before when I was on Weight Watchers, so I know that my goal is realistic and attainable.  My plan is to lose 30 pounds by March. I can do this! So... Here are two pictures that will serve as my before picture and a snapshot of what I looked like about 5 or 6 years ago when I was 30 pounds lighter...


                                   

I have no shame :-)

I'm hoping this new project will help me! Its our new...


That's our Old English Mastiff, Winston. I think he likes his new shady spot :-) 

My husband built this Square Foot Garden for me based on Mel Bartholomew's gardening techniques. Let me tell ya, I LOVE IT! We followed his soil mixture of using compost, peat moss, and vermiculite to create our soil mix. My mom and I put the seeds in this past Monday, August 1st and by this evening, August 5th I already have the following veggies sprouting: green beans, cucumber, green onion, and tomatoes!!! The other veggies we planted are pumpkin, peppers, zucchini, and chives. My chives were actually started back in May and I was able to move them from a small planter into the SFG! I know its super late in the season, but thanks to the soil mix and the heat we're having right now, its perfect! I'm hoping to have a small crop to harvest in the next few weeks. We'll see!!

Don't forget to join the blog hop!!









1 comment:

Ms. Skywalker said...

You are still stunningly beautiful now, girl...but I totally get wanting to be where you feel like that, too.

I bet the dog is tending the garden when you are away at work. ;)