Friday, October 3, 2008

1st Time Parents: 38/39 week appt!!

I had an appt yesterday where I was 38 weeks and 4 days. Close enough to 39 weeks I suppose! LOL! Anyway, I've made more progress!!! The Dr. said I am now 2 to 3 cm dilated and the baby's head is really low! I felt a little sick after she did the internal exam because it hurt pretty bad. My blood pressure was a little high when I got there. It was 130/80. My normal bp is 110/60, but since being pregnant it is usually in the 120's/70's. So they had to retake it after my appt and thankfully it came down to 127/74.

At about 5:30pm yesterday I started having contractions pretty regularly. I had to leave to go see my niece for her b-day party. In a 25 minute drive, I had regular contractions every 5-8 minutes. That lasted until I got home and started timing again. I started timing just before 9pm and y contractions ranged from 5-7 minutes, then went to 7 minutes, back to 5-7 minutes, then finally started tapering off at 11pm when they were 7-10 minutes apart. I didn't call the Dr. because she said to call when my contractions are 3-5 minutes apart. I wasn't in any pain, just really uncomfortable. I went to bed and felt some more contractions but fell asleep before I could time them! I feel better today and have only had a few contractions so far. Nothing regular. I'm feeling Brock move really low today too...

I dunno! I hope I have him this weekend because my favorite Dr. is on-call this weekend. But we'll see. One more week until my official due date!

I'll keep you posted :-)

No comments: