Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lenna's baptism

This afternoon, my sister and her husband had their daughter baptized! It was a beautiful ceremony and Lenna was gorgeous! A little back history real quick about the baptismal gown... We had one that was in the family for years, but after my nephew's baptism the gown went missing... On a trip to Chicago a few years ago, my mom went with me to evaluate a Graduate program. We went shopping on the Magnificent Mile and found this little Christian store. So we went in and found a beautiful baptismal gown. The funny thing about it, was that we didn't know that the original gown was missing, but my mom loved the new gown, so she bought it! At that time, she only had 2 grand kids. So she bought it, knowing that she would of course have MORE... Here we are 6 1/2 grandkids later! LOL. Anyway, so Lenna is wearing the gown that 2 of her cousins, plus her brother wore for their baptisms. My Aunt recently embroidered the lining of the gown with all of the kids' names and their baptismal dates. It came out so cute... and I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of it! Doh!

Anyway, so on with Lenna's beautiful day!






Brock kept tossing his pacifier into the book holder

He found it!

I couldn't get a better picture of Brock's outfit, but I love his new loafers!
The cake that my mom made for Lenna

Lenna in her party outfit with her brother Brendan!

No comments: